Dr. John Dolittle lives in solitude behind the high walls of his lush manor in 19th-century England. His only companionship comes from an array of exotic animals that he speaks to on a daily basis. But when young Queen Victoria becomes gravely ill, the eccentric doctor and his furry friends embark on an epic adventure to a mythical island to find the cure.
MPAA Rating: PG
DOLITTLE is Now Playing at the Crescent Theater
Showtimes for DOLITTLE at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Tuesday, January 21 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Wednesday, January 22 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Thursday, January 23 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Friday, January 24 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Saturday, January 25 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Sunday, January 26 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Monday, January 27 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, January 28 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, January 29 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Thursday, January 30 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
During World War I, two British soldiers — Lance Cpl. Schofield and Lance Cpl. Blake — receive seemingly impossible orders. In a race against time, they must cross over into enemy territory to deliver a message that could potentially save 1,600 of their fellow comrades — including Blake’s own brother.
MPAA Rating: R
1917 Starts January 31st at the Crescent Theater
Showtimes for 1917 at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, January 31/span> – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:15 PM
- Saturday, January 1 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:15 PM
- Sunday, January 2 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Monday, January 3 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, January 4 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, January 5 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Thursday, January 6 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
Greed and class discrimination threaten the newly formed symbiotic relationship between the wealthy Park family and the destitute Kim clan.
Bong Joon Ho brings his work home to Korea in this pitch-black modern fairytale. Meet the Park Family: the picture of aspirational wealth. And the Kim Family, rich in street smarts but not much else. Be it chance or fate, these two houses are brought together and the Kims sense a golden opportunity. Masterminded by college-aged Ki-woo, the Kim children expediently install themselves as tutor and art therapist, to the Parks. Soon, a symbiotic relationship forms between the two families. The Kims provide “indispensable” luxury services while the Parks obliviously bankroll their entire household. When a parasitic interloper threatens the Kims’ newfound comfort, a savage, underhanded battle for dominance breaks out, threatening to destroy the fragile ecosystem between the Kims and the Parks.
An urgent, brilliantly layered look at timely social themes, Parasite finds writer-director Bong Joon Ho in near-total command of his craft.
PARASITE is Now Playing at the Crescent Theater
Showtimes for PARASITE at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, February 7 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Saturday, February 8 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Sunday, February 9 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Monday, February 10 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, February 11 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, February 12 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Thursday, February 13 – 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
It’s the weird and wonderful as newly engaged couple Brad and Janet encounter a problem when they car halts in the rain. They both look for contact only to find themselves at the castle of Dr. Frank-N-Furter, a transvestite. A place to stay is offered, but will Brad and Janet want to remain there? Especially when a large group of Transylvanians dance to the ‘Time Warp’, Dr. Frank-N-Furter builds his own man and a whole host of participation for the audience to enjoy.
Presented by The Mystic Society of Rocky Horror.
Audience participation is encouraged! All props and costumes are allowed EXCEPT food. The Mystic Society of Rocky Horror will sell $5 bags containing all of the allowed props in the lobby before each show, but you may bring your own.
MPAA Rating: R
ROCKY HORROR starts Now Playing at the Crescent Theater
Showtimes for Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, February 14 – 11:00 PM
- Saturday, February 15 – 11:00 PM
- Friday, February 21 – 11:00 PM
- Saturday, February 22 – 11:00 PM
Adapted from the beloved literary classic, THE CALL OF THE WILD vividly brings to the screen the story of Buck, a big-hearted dog whose blissful domestic life is turned upside down when he is suddenly uprooted from his California home and transplanted to the exotic wilds of the Alaskan Yukon during the Gold Rush of the 1890s. As the newest rookie on a mail delivery dog sled team–and later its leader–Buck experiences the adventure of a lifetime, ultimately finding his true place in the world and becoming his own master.
MPAA Rating: TBA