Opens March 14
Opens March 14
Opens March 14
Opens March 21
Opens April 4
Grand Budapest Hotel
Ernest & Celestine
Matthew McConaughey stars in DALLAS BUYERS CLUB as real-life Texas cowboy Ron Woodroof, whose free-wheeling life was overturned in 1985 when he was diagnosed as HIV-positive and given 30 days to live. These were the early days of the AIDS epidemic, and the U.S. was divided over how to combat the virus. Ron, now shunned and ostracized by many of his old friends, and bereft of government-approved effective medicines, decided to take matters in his own hands, tracking down alternative treatments from all over the world by means both legal and illegal. Bypassing the establishment, the entrepreneurial Woodroof joined forces with an unlikely band of renegades and outcasts - who he once would have shunned - and established a hugely successful "buyers' club." Their shared struggle for dignity and acceptance is a uniquely American story of the transformative power of resilience.
Showtimes for DALLAS BUYERS CLUB at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, March 7th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Saturday, March 8th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Sunday, March 9th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Monday, March 10th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Tuesday, March 11th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Wednesday, March 12th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Thursday, March 13th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
Chiwetel Ejiofor stars as Solomon Northup, the New York State citizen who was kidnapped and made to work on a plantation in New Orleans in the 1800s. Steve McQueen (Hunger) directs from a script he co-wrote with John Ridley, based in part by Northup's memoir. Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt, Benedict Cumberbatch, Sarah Paulson, and Paul Giamatti co-star.
Showtimes for 12 YEARS A SLAVE at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, March 14th - 2:00 PM
- Saturday, March 15th - 2:00 PM
- Sunday, March 16th - 2:00 PM
- Monday, March 17th - 2:00 PM
- Tuesday, March 18th - 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 19th - 2:00 PM
- Thursday, March 20th - 2:00 PM
Gravity stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney in a heart-pounding thriller that pulls you into the infinite and unforgiving realm of deep space. Bullock plays Dr. Ryan Stone, a brilliant medical engineer on her first shuttle mission, with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky (Clooney). But on a seemingly routine spacewalk, disaster strikes. The shuttle is destroyed, leaving Stone and Kowalsky completely alone - tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the blackness. The deafening silence tells them they have lost any link to Earth and any chance for rescue. As fear turns to panic, every gulp of air eats away at what little oxygen is left. But the only way home may be to go further out into the terrifying expanse of space.
Showtimes for GRAVITY at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, March 14th - 6:00 PM
- Saturday, March 15th - 6:00 PM
- Sunday, March 16th - 6:00 PM
- Monday, March 17th -6:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 19th - 6:00 PM
- Thursday, March 20th - 6:00 PM
Spike Jonze takes the helm for this comedy about a withdrawn writer (Joaquin Phoenix) who falls in love with his computer's highly advanced operating system.
Showtimes for HER at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, March 14th - 8:00 PM
- Saturday, March 15th - 8:00 PM
- Sunday, March 16th - 8:00 PM
- Monday, March 17th -8:00 PM
- Tuesday, March 18th - 8:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 19th - 8:00 PM
- Thursday, March 20th - 8:00 PM
DIVERGENT is a thrilling action-adventure film set in a world where people are divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy by a faction leader (Kate Winslet) to destroy all Divergents, Tris must learn to trust in the mysterious Four (Theo James) and together they must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late. Based on the best-selling book series by Veronica Roth.
Showtimes for DIVERGENT at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, March 21st - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Saturday, March 22nd - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Sunday, March 23rd - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Monday, March 24th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Tuesday, March 25th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Wednesday, March 26th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Thursday, March 27th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Friday, March 28th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Saturday, March 29th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Sunday, March 30th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Monday, March 31st - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Tuesday, April 1st - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Wednesday, April 2nd - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Thursday, April 3rd - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
In many ways, Mobile, Alabama has moved beyond the racial problems that plagued most American cities throughout the twentieth century. Overt racism is no longer tolerated, and, for the most part, race relations in Mobile are not much different than in other cities, north or south. This film, Mobile in Black and White, takes a hard look at the ways racism continues to pervade the structures and institutions of a supposedly post-racial world. Expertly blending the insights and experiences of local residences and leading experts such as Peggy McIntosh, John Powell, Tim Wise, and Bryan Stevenson, as well as the poetry of Natasha Trethewey, Sonia Sanchez, and others, this documentary is a powerful, thought-provoking catalyst for constructive community conversations on race.
Showtimes for MOBILE IN BLACK AND WHITE at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Tuesday, March 18th - 6:00 PM
THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL, coming to the Crescent Theater this spring, recounts the adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend. The story involves the theft and recovery of a priceless Renaissance painting and the battle for an enormous family fortune -- all against the back-drop of a suddenly and dramatically changing Continent.
Written & Directed by Wes Anderson. Starring Saoirse Ronan, Ralph Fiennes, Bill Murray, Tilda Swinton, Jeff Goldblum, Jason Schwartzman, Willem Dafoe, F Murray Abraham, Adrien Brody, Edward Norton, Harvey Keitel, Mathieu Amalric, Jude Law, Owen Wilson, Tony Revolori, Johnny Depp, Angela Lansbury, Léa Seydoux and Tom Wilkinson.
Deep below snowy, cobblestone streets, tucked away in networks of winding subterranean tunnels, lives a civilization of hardworking mice, terrified of the bears who live above ground. Unlike her fellow mice, Celestine is an artist and a dreamer - and when she nearly ends up as breakfast for ursine troubadour Ernest, the two form an unlikely bond. But it isn't long before their friendship is put on trial by their respective bear-fearing and mice-eating communities.