@ Blind Mule
This is director Frank Capra's classic bittersweet comedy/drama about George Bailey (James Stewart), the eternally-in-debt guiding force of a bank in the typical American small town of Bedford Falls. As the film opens, it's Christmas Eve, 1946, and George, who has long considered himself a failure, faces financial ruin and arrest and is seriously contemplating suicide. High above Bedford Falls, two celestial voices discuss Bailey's dilemma and decide to send down eternally bumbling angel Clarence Oddbody (Henry Travers), who after 200 years has yet to earn his wings, to help George out.
Showtimes for IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, December 19th - 2:00 PM
- Saturday, December 20th - 2:00 PM
- Sunday, December 21st - 2:00 PM
- Monday, December 22nd - 2:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 23rd - 2:00 PM
Based on the humorous writings of author Jean Shepherd, this beloved holiday movie follows the wintry exploits of youngster Ralphie Parker (Peter Billingsley), who spends most of his time dodging a bully (Zack Ward) and dreaming of his ideal Christmas gift, a "Red Ryder air rifle." Frequently at odds with his cranky dad (Darren McGavin) but comforted by his doting mother (Melinda Dillon), Ralphie struggles to make it to Christmas Day with his glasses and his hopes intact.
Showtimes for A CHRISTMAS STORY at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, December 19th - 6:00 PM
- Saturday, December 20th - 6:00 PM
- Sunday, December 21st - 6:00 PM
- Monday, December 22nd - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 23rd - 6:00 PM
It's the eve of Christmas in northern Finland, and an 'archeological' dig has just unearthed the real Santa Claus. But this particular Santa isn't the one you want coming to town. When the local children begin mysteriously disappearing, young Pietari and his father Rauno, a reindeer hunter by trade, capture the mythological being and attempt to sell Santa to the misguided leader of the multinational corporation sponsoring the dig. Santa's elves, however, will stop at nothing to free their fearless leader from captivity. What ensues is a wildly humorous nightmare - a fantastically bizarre polemic on modern day morality. RARE EXPORTS: A CHRISTMAS TALE is a re-imagining of the most classic of all childhood fantasies, and is a darkly comic gem soon to be required perennial holiday viewing.
Showtimes for RARE EXPORTS at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, December 19th - 8:00 PM
- Saturday, December 20th - 8:00 PM
- Sunday, December 21st - 8:00 PM
- Monday, December 22nd - 8:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 23rd - 8:00 PM
"Into the Woods" is a modern twist on several of the beloved Brothers Grimm fairy tales, intertwining the plots of a few choice stories and exploring the consequences of the characters' wishes and quests. This humorous and heartfelt musical follows the classic tales of Cinderella (Anna Kendrick), Little Red Riding Hood (Lilla Crawford), Jack and the Beanstalk (Daniel Huttlestone), and Rapunzel (MacKenzie Mauzy)-all tied together by an original story involving a baker and his wife (James Corden & Emily Blunt), their wish to begin a family and their interaction with the witch (Meryl Streep) who has put a curse on them.
Showtimes for INTO THE WOODS at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Thursday, December 25th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Friday, December 26th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Saturday, December 27th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Sunday, December 28th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Monday, December 29th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Tuesday, December 30th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Wednesday, December 31st - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Thursday, January 1st - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Friday, January 2nd - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Saturday, January 3rd - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Sunday, January 4th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Monday, January 5th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Tuesday, January 6th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Wednesday, January 7th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Thursday, January 8th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Additional Showtimes TBA
This film is a nail-biting race against time following Alan Turing (pioneer of modern-day computing and credited with cracking the German Enigma code) and his brilliant team at Britain's top-secret code-breaking centre, Bletchley Park, during the darkest days of World War II. Turing, whose contributions and genius significantly shortened the war, saving thousands of lives, was the eventual victim of an unenlightened British establishment, but his work and legacy live on.