August 3 - 5
August 6 & 7
Opens August 8
My Old Lady
Order of ISIS White Party
Finding Vivian Maier
Mathias inherits a Parisian apartment from his estranged father. But when he arrives in France to sell it, he discovers a tenant who is not prepared to budge. His apartment is a viager - an ancient French real estate system with complex rules about its resale - and feisty Mathilde, who has lived there with her daughter Chloé for years, can by contract collect payments from Mathias until her death. With no place to go, Mathias stays with Mathilde, instantly clashing with Chloé over his dealings with a property developer who wants the apartment. However, Mathias and Chloé discover a common ground of childhood pain and neglect. As they grow closer, Mathilde unveils a complex labyrinth of secrets that unites the trio in unexpected ways.
Filmed over 12 years with the same cast, this film is a groundbreaking story of growing up as seen through the eyes of a child named Mason, who literally grows up on screen before our eyes. This drama charts the rocky terrain of childhood like no other film has before. Snapshots of adolescence from road trips and family dinners to birthdays and graduations and all the moments in between become transcendent, set to a soundtrack spanning the years from Coldplay's Yellow to Arcade Fire's Deep Blue. The film is both a nostalgic time capsule of the recent past and an ode to growing up and parenting. It's impossible not to watch Mason and his family without thinking about our own journey.
Showtimes for BEGIN AGAIN at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, August 29th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 9:00 PM
- Saturday, August 30th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 9:00 PM
- Sunday, August 31st - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Monday, September 1st - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, September 2nd - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 3rd - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Thursday, September 4th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Friday, September 5th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 9:00 PM
- Saturday, September 6th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 9:00 PM
- Sunday, September 7th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Monday, September 8th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, September 9th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 10th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Thursday, September 11th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
This is a soul-stirring comedy about what happens when lost souls meet and make beautiful music together. Gretta and her long-time boyfriend Dave are college sweethearts and songwriting partners who decamp for New York when he lands a deal with a major label. But the trappings of his new-found fame soon tempt Dave to stray, and a reeling, lovelorn Gretta is left on her own. Her world takes a turn for the better when Dan, a disgraced record-label exec, stumbles upon her performing on an East Village stage and is immediately captivated by her raw talent. From this chance encounter emerges an enchanting portrait of a mutually transformative collaboration, set to the soundtrack of a summer in New York City.
Showtimes for BEGIN AGAIN at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Tuesday, July 29th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:15 PM
- Wednesday, July 30th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:15 PM
- Thursday, July 31st - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:15 PM
- Friday, August 1st - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:15 PM
- Saturday, August 2nd - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:15 PM
- Sunday, August 3rd - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Monday, August 4th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 5th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 6th - 2:00 PM
- Thursday, August 7th - 2:00 PM
Hassan Kadam is a culinary ingénue with the gastronomic equivalent of perfect pitch. When Hassan and his family, led by Papa, move to a quaint village in the South of France with the grand plan of opening an Indian restaurant in the picturesque countryside, they are undeterred by the fact that only 100 feet opposite stands a Michelin starred classical French eatery. However upon encountering the icy proprietress, Madame Mallory, the Kadam family realise they may have bitten off more than they can chew. Outraged by the new arrivals, Madame Mallory is determined to have their business shut down. As cultures clash and food flies, an all-out war escalates between the two establishments -- until, that is, Hassan's passion and talent for French cuisine begin to enchant Madame Mallory and even she can't deny this young chef could have what it takes to garner even more acclaim for her beloved restaurant. This, along with his new-found friendship with her beautiful sous chef Marguerite, starts to weave a magic between the two cultures and, despite their different tastes, they discover an unlikely recipe for success that surprises them all.
Showtimes for THE 100 FOOT JOURNEY at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, August 8th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Saturday, August 9th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Sunday, August 10th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Monday, August 11th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Tuesday, August 12th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Wednesday, August 13th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Thursday, August 14th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Friday, August 15th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Saturday, August 16th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Sunday, August 17th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Monday, August 18th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Tuesday, August 19th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Wednesday, August 20th - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Thursday, August 21st - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
For the first time in more than three decades, comedy legends Monty Python will perform live on stage together this year. Broadcast from London’s O2 Arena, Monty Python Live (mostly) will play in cinemas around the globe on Sunday 20 July.
At a combined age of just 358, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin will once again perform some of their greatest hits, with modern, topical, Pythonesque twists.
Monty Python are rightfully regarded as among the world’s finest-ever comedians. They influenced a generation and revolutionised comedy. Their eagerly awaited reunion promises to be among the biggest live events of 2014.
Showtimes for MONTY PYTHON LIVE (MOSTLY) at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Wednesday, August 6th - 6:30 PM
- Thursday, August 7th - 6:30 PM
The year is 1964 and four young lads from Liverpool are about to change the world - if only the madcap world will let them out of their hotel room. Richard Lester's boldly contemporary rock n' roll comedy unleashes the fledgling Beatles into a maelstrom of screaming fans, paranoid producers, rabid press and troublesome family members, and reveals the secret of their survival and success: an insatiable lust for mischief and a life-affirming addiction to joy.
Showtimes for A HARD DAY'S NIGHT at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Sunday, August 3rd - 8:15 PM
- Monday, August 4th - 8:15 PM
- Tuesday, August 5th - 8:15 PM
A mysterious nanny, who secretly took over 100,000 photographs that were hidden in storage lockers and discovered decades later, is now considered among the 20th century's greatest photographers. Maier's strange and riveting life and art are revealed through never before seen photographs, films, and interviews with dozens who thought they knew her. An exhibition of Maier's work is on display in November at New York's Howard Greenberg Gallery.