Nosferatu - Silent film and live score by The Invincible Czars
The Beatles:Eight Days A Week - The Touring Years is based on the first part of The Beatles’ career (1962-1966) – the period in which they toured and captured the world’s acclaim. Ron Howard’s film will explore how John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr came together to become this extraordinary phenomenon, “The Beatles.” It will delve into their inner workings – how they made decisions, created their music and built their collective career together – all the while, highlighting The Beatles’ extraordinary and unique musical gifts and their remarkable, complementary personalities. The film will focus on the time period from the early Beatles’ journey in the days of The Cavern Club in Liverpool to their last concert at Candlestick Park in San Francisco in 1966.
Showtimes for THE BEATLES: EIGHT DAYS A WEEK - THE TOURING YEARS at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Monday, September 19 - 8:10 PM
- Tuesday, September 20 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 21 - 8:10 PM
- Thursday, September 22 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Friday, September 23 - 2:00 PM, 8:30 PM
- Saturday, September 24 - 8:30 PM
- Sunday, September 25 - 8:30 PM
- Monday, September 26 - 8:30 PM
- Tuesday, September 27 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 28 - 2:00 PM
- Thursday, September 29 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
Deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, isolated from society, a devoted father dedicates his life to transforming his six young children into extraordinary adults. But when a tragedy strikes the family, they are forced to leave this self-created paradise and begin a journey into the outside world that challenges his idea of what it means to be a parent and brings into question everything he's taught them.
Showtimes for CAPTAIN FANTASTIC at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, September 23 - 6:00 PM
- Saturday, September 24 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Sunday, September 25 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Monday, September 26 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, September 27 - 8:30 PM
- Wednesday, September 28 - 2:00 PM
- Thursday, September 29 - 8:30 PM
John Hollar, a struggling NYC artist is forced to navigate the small middle-American town he left behind when news of his mother's illness brings him home. Back in the house he grew up in, John is immediately swept up in the problems of his dysfunctional family, high school rival, and an over-eager ex-girlfriend as he faces impending fatherhood with his girlfriend in New York. From a script by Jim Strouse that is at turns hilarious and heartbreaking, John Krasinski's second feature is a poignant look at the bonds of family and friendship.
Showtimes for THE HOLLARS at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, September 30 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Saturday, October 1 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Sunday, October 2 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Monday, October 3 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 4 - 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 5 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Thursday, October 6 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
Toby is a divorced father who's trying to make a better life for his son. His brother Tanner is an ex-convict with a short temper and a loose trigger finger. Together, they plan a series of heists against the bank that's about to foreclose on their family ranch. Standing in their way is Marcus, a Texas Ranger who's only weeks away from retirement. As the siblings plot their final robbery, they must also prepare for a showdown with a crafty lawman who's not ready to ride off into the sunset.
HELL OR HIGH WATER starts October 7th for two weeks at the Crescent Theater
Ty Hargrove is a twenty year-old country boy living with his father at the edge of a clay pit in Bay Minette, Alabama. In spite of his disadvantages Ty is bull-headed to succeed and make something of himself. During the week he’s a manager at his uncle’s telephone pole plant. On the weekend he pursues his passion, racing on the dirt track. Ty and his sidekick, Lurvy Wilson, have spent countless hours building their race car in the evenings. With the financial support of Uncle Charlie, their dream is to beat the local champion, Snake Turner, and go all the way to the state championship.
When Snake’s girlfriend falls for Ty, things get heated. Then Ty’s uncle dies suddenly, leaving him without a sponsor and a father figure in his life. Now, with the whole town finally believing in him, Ty finds it hard to believe in himself.
Presented in honor of director Tom Stout (1957 - 2016)
Showtimes for ALABAMA DIRT at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Wednesday, September 28 - 8:15 PM - Free Screening
A young man deals with his dysfunctional home life and comes of age in Miami during the "War on Drugs" era. The story of his struggle to find himself is told across three defining chapters in his life as he experiences the ecstasy, pain, and beauty of falling in love while grappling with his own sexuality.
MOONLIGHT is coming soon to the Crescent Theater