Deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, isolated from society, a devoted father dedicates his life to transforming his six young children into extraordinary adults. But when a tragedy strikes the family, they are forced to leave this self-created paradise and begin a journey into the outside world that challenges his idea of what it means to be a parent and brings into question everything he's taught them.
Showtimes for CAPTAIN FANTASTIC at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Monday, August 29 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:20 PM
- Tuesday, August 30 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:20 PM
- Wednesday, August 31 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:20 PM
- Thursday, September 1 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:20 PM
Appropriate for their big screen debut, Edina and Patsy are still oozing glitz and glamour, living the high life they are accustomed to; shopping, drinking and clubbing their way around London's trendiest hotspots. Blamed for a major incident at an uber fashionable launch party, they become entangled in a media storm and are relentlessly pursued by the paparazzi. Fleeing penniless to the glamorous playground of the super-rich, the French Riviera, they hatch a plan to make their escape permanent and live the high life forever more!
Showtimes for ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, September 2 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Saturday, September 3 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Sunday, September 4 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Monday, September 5 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Tuesday, September 6 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 7 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Thursday, September 8 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
When a member of a popular New York City improv troupe gets cast on a hit TV show, the rest of the group - all best friends - start to realize that not everyone is going to make it after all. From the director of Sleepwalk With Me and the creator of This American Life comes Don't Think Twice, a critically acclaimed comedy packed with comic stars Keegan-Michael Key, Gillian Jacobs, Mike Birbiglia, Kate Micucci, Chris Gethard and Tami Sagher that presents a hilarious and honest look at the lives of professional funny people.
Showtimes for DON'T THINK TWICE at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, September 9 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Saturday, September 10 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Sunday, September 11 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Monday, September 12 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Tuesday, September 13 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 14 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Thursday, September 15 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
The Beatles:Eight Days A Week - The Touring Years is based on the first part of The Beatles’ career (1962-1966) – the period in which they toured and captured the world’s acclaim. Ron Howard’s film will explore how John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr came together to become this extraordinary phenomenon, “The Beatles.” It will delve into their inner workings – how they made decisions, created their music and built their collective career together – all the while, highlighting The Beatles’ extraordinary and unique musical gifts and their remarkable, complementary personalities. The film will focus on the time period from the early Beatles’ journey in the days of The Cavern Club in Liverpool to their last concert at Candlestick Park in San Francisco in 1966.
Showtimes for THE BEATLES: EIGHT DAYS A WEEK - THE TOURING YEARS at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Thursday, September 15 - 8:00 PM
- Friday, September 16 - 2:00 PM, 8:10 PM
- Saturday, September 17 - 8:10 PM
- Sunday, September 18 - 8:10 PM
- Monday, September 19 - 8:10 PM
- Tuesday, September 20 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 21 - 8:10 PM
- Thursday, September 22 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
Mobile Botanical Gardens is proud to present the premier of a stunning visual story of the Monarch Butterfly. The gala, benefitting MBG, starts at 7 p.m. at the Larkins Music Center at 257 Dauphin Street with a Champagne and Dessert Reception. The premier of the film will follow at the Crescent Theater, with the introduction of the film by local producers, Fairn Whatley and Suzanne Damrich.
One Time Screening: Premiers Wednesday, September 14, 2016
To purchase tickets, visit: https://mbgrebloomshop.com/products/the-mystical-monarch-migration-along-the-gulf-coast-movie-premier-tickets
Raised on hip-hop and foster care, defiant city kid Ricky gets a fresh start in the New Zealand countryside. He quickly finds himself at home with his new foster family: the loving Aunt Bella, the cantankerous Uncle Hec, and dog Tupac. When a tragedy strikes that threatens to ship Ricky to another home, both he and Hec go on the run in the bush. As a national manhunt ensues, the newly branded outlaws must face their options: go out in a blaze of glory or overcome their differences and survive as a family.
Showtimes for HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Friday, September 16 - 6:00 PM
- Saturday, September 17 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Sunday, September 18 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Monday, September 19 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, September 20 - 8:30 PM
- Wednesday, September 21 - 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM
- Thursday, September 22 - 8:30 PM
John Hollar, a struggling NYC artist is forced to navigate the small middle-American town he left behind when news of his mother's illness brings him home. Back in the house he grew up in, John is immediately swept up in the problems of his dysfunctional family, high school rival, and an over-eager ex-girlfriend as he faces impending fatherhood with his girlfriend in New York. From a script by Jim Strouse that is at turns hilarious and heartbreaking, John Krasinski's second feature is a poignant look at the bonds of family and friendship.
THE HOLLARS is coming soon to the Crescent Theater
Brave New Films and Robert Greenwald are taking on the National Rifle Association and the gun manufacturers. Making a Killing: Guns, Greed, and The NRA tells the stories of how guns, and the billions made off of them, affect the lives of everyday Americans. It features personal stories from people across the country who have been affected by gun violence, including survivors and victims' families. The film exposes how the powerful gun companies and the NRA are resisting responsible legislation for the sake of profit - and thereby putting people in danger.
Presented by The League of Women Voters
The League of Women Voters is a national nonpartisan political organization. It neither endorses or opposes individual candidates or political parties. The League takes a position on issues only. The opinions expressed in this film do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the League of Women Voters.
Showtimes for MAKING A KILLING: GUNS, GREED AND THE NRA at the Crescent Theater in Mobile, AL
- Saturday, September 17 - 11:00 AM - $5